In recent time we have noticed that Emails sent by our customers to their clients were sometimes filtered out by the spam filter or completely blocked by their provider.
- To avoid these problems and offer full functionality in the future we changed our E-mail provider on the weekend. Fortunately we had already planned to take this step for a longer period of time. The change offers the following advantages for our customers:
The E-mails are not sent from firstname.lastname@example.org but directly from the employee who is logged in at that time.
To change these settings navigate to the administrator panel -> Configuration -> "Send emails from". There you have the following options:
- Send Emails from the account of the employee who is logged in
- Send Emails from an Email address you can enter yourself
- Send Emails from <accountname>@rentmanclient.com while the email address of an employee functions as a reply address for the customer. Therefore answers to this mail will be send directly to the employees mail address. Mails that are still send to <accountname>@rentmanclient.com will be shown in the dashboard.
With the latter option the risk of an email being blocked because of spam are the lowest.
- In addition we now don't only check if the mail has been sent but also if it reached the recipient. In the "Sent messages" window we note for every recipient if he really received the mail. This option counts for all emails that have been sent after the 18th of May.
- If an email is send back or rejected, the sender will receive a notification from Rentman with further information.