This tutorial will take you trough the process of creating a project, adding equipment, creating a quotation and sending this quotation by email.
Projects in Rentman form the basis to create plannings, quotations and invoices. This way information only has to be entered once and based on the project a quotation or other document can be created easily.
1. Click on "Add project" in the project module.
A pop-up opens with the created project.
2. We can now fill the basic information connected to the project. Fill in the name, date, client and location. Add a contact by either searching and selecting a contact (for example wow music) or by adding a new contact by clicking the green plus).
3. Go to the "Equipment" tab to create the equipment planning.
Adding equipment is done how you would expect. Search on the left the equipment you want to plan and double click on the item. Items can also be searched and multiple items can be added at the same time by filling the number next to the item and pressing enter.
4. Add equipment to your project.
After adding items to a project prices, names, remarks and the order of items can be directly changed. These changes will also be shown on your documents like the quotation.
Crew and transport costs can be added from the corresponding tabs in the project. Other costs can also be added in the 'financial' tab.
As next step we will create the quotation.
5. Navigate to the "Financial" project tab.
The financial tab provides an overview of all finances of a project. Discounts on the categories (equipment, crew, transport) and the complete project can be added here.
6. Click on create quotation.
The pop-up gives options to choose a template and a writing paper as well as to add text and images. These options decide how your quotation will look like and what information from the project will be shown.
Default templates are added to the system automatically. Try the different default quotation templates to see the differences between them. Default templates in over 10 other languages can be added as well.
The writing paper is a PDF file that you can upload from your admin panel. The writing paper may contain your logo, contact information and design on the top, bottom and/or sides. Find more on writing paper.
7. Choose a template (quotation standard) and writing paper (standard).
8. Click on 'generate new quotation'. The quotation will now be created and shown in a preview.
Part of a quotation:
On the bottom of the quotation the digitally signing button is shown. This button leads a customer to a digitally signing portal where the customer can leave the signature which will automatically be added to the quotation and added as a confirmation to your project. This option can be customized or deleted in the admin panel.
Below you see how the digitally signing portal works:
When a quotation is created it can directly be emailed to the customer.
9. Click on email to sent the quotation
In the pop-up you can choose who to sent the email to and the email text can be added.
10. To test you can select "Mail to me", write the text and click on sent email.
Similar to creating a quotation, other documents can be created. Invoices and contracts are also created from the financial tab. Packing slips and callsheets can be created from the other tabs.