Rentman makes teamwork and crew planning a lot easier. The complete crew gets its own login and works with the latest information. Crew members work in the same system from anywhere and schedules are send out automatically to scheduled crew members.
Each of the company"s crew member uses a different and individualized user account to access Rentman. Each user receives a user roll with access and rights for Rentman. With an user account a crew member can login to Rentman anytime from anywhere. This means that crew members can easily work together on projects. When a employee is planned for a project an automatic email notifies him/her about the planning.
This tutorial will walk you trough the process of adding crew accounts, specifying the user rights and creating a crew planning.
Creating a crew account:
1. Navigate to the crew module, select a folder on the left and click on "Add employee".
2. Fill in the information for the new employee including: name, Email, user name and password.
Create a user role:
A user role contains the rights and access a crew member with that user role will have.
1. Navigate to the administrator panel (move the cursor above your name in the top right corner of the screen to access the drop-down menu with the administrator panel as option)
2. Navigate to the tab "User roles" and click "Add new user role".
3. Fill in a name for the user role (for example freelancer) and select the rights for this userrole.
You could for example assign the freelancer role access to the project and agenda pages and therefore also allow the option to download files that are connected to the projects the crew member is planned in (like packing slips).
4. Save the userrole and navigate back to the crew module.
5. Open an employee by double clicking and change the user role to the role you have just created.
By logging in as the created crew member you can now see how the employee can use Rentman.
Creating a crew plan:
A crew planning is created within a project.
1. Navigate to a project and open the crew tab.
The first step in creating a crew planning is to create a function, at a later moment (or right away) a specific employee can be planned for the function. The function also contains the price for your customer and your expected costs.
2. Click on add function and fill in the information.
On the right side your standard functions are shown that can be selected and used as templates to quickly plan functions.
3. Select the function and an employee and click on plan to plan the crew member for the function.
On the right side of the function green and red numbers are shown. The green numbers are the prices for your customer, these are filled in when creating the function. The red numbers are your expected costs, these are filled when creating the function or automatically calculated when an employee is planned based on the previously filled in.
Crew members on the left are shown as green, red or white colored. Green means available, red unavailable and white is unknown. The availability can be filled in by employees in their personal agenda.
After planning a crew member for a project an email with the planning is automatically sent to the him/her when the project is saved. When the project planning is changed an automatic email is send with updates of the planning.
4. Instead of planning employees directly they can also be invited for functions. Select a function and the person and click on invite.
When inviting a crew member an automatic email is send to the him/her with the basic planning and the question if the person is available or not available. By clicking one of both the planning is automatically updated.
5. Save the project.
Now the pop-up is shown (if email addresses were added and depending on the information in the crew module) with the emails that will be send to planned/invited crew members.