Rentman helps to efficiently manage equipment with functions and modules for equipment availability, equipment management and sub-hiring.
Adding equipment items
Rentman offers several ways to add and combine equipment items to save time while planning and to make sure no items are forgotten.
In Rentman all equipment can be added as items. Each item contains information like price, quantity in database, weight and more.
Cases are combinations of items that are not rented out separately from each other. These are your flightcases and racks that are always rented out as case.
Kits are also combinations of items except that the combination is a temporary one, they are only combined when planned. Items in these kits will still be available separate from the kit and the stock availability is based on the availability of the separate items. An example of a kit is a dj-kit that contains a CD-player next to other items. The cd-player can still be rented out separately.
An accessory is an item that is added to another item, kit or case. Accessories have several options like automatically added when the item is planned or manually selected. Cables can for example be added as an accessory to a speaker.
When an item with an accessory is planned on a project the accessory will be added to the project as a separate equipment line.
This is how you create a kit:
1. Navigate to the equipment module, click on "Add item".
2. Select Kit and fill in a name.
3. Navigate to the "Content" tab and click "Add content".
4. Add items (or kits/cases) to your kit by selecting an item and clicking on add item or by double clicking.
Equipment availability and sub-hiring in a project:
In a project, planned equipment turn red when the item is not available for a given date and time. The availability of items can always be checked on a timeline. This stock availability timeline can be found in both the equipment tab in a project and in the equipment module. When an item is not available it can be sub-hired directly in a project.
This is how you check stock availability and sub-hire an item right away:
1. Select and open a project with planned equipment items.
2. Navigate to the equipment tab, select an item and click on check availability.
3. Increase the number of items until the item shows a shortage by turning red.
4. Select the item with the shortage and click subhire selected
5. Navigate to the items in the sub-hire pop-up and if needed add items.
6. Create a sub-hire slip and save the project.
7. You now find a overview of this sub-hire in the sub-hire tab in your project as well as in the sub-hire module.
In the sub-hire tab of your project the sub-hire for is managed. The sub-hire module provides options to combine, create and change all sub-hires, independent from a project.
Extended stock availability:
In the equipment module the stock availability of several items over a longer time period is shown.
1. Look for an item that is often rented out (for example the 2x2300w in the trial) and select this item.
On the right side you find a short overview of the current numbers of the item.
2. Click on "Check availability" and change if needed the dates
3. Move your cursor over the timeline and view the information.
On the availability timeline it is easy to see if items are under repair, cases, planned and if any sub-hires change the availability in a certain period.